- Estimates - Clocks & watches are complicated machines which may not run for dozens of reasons and therefore it really is impractical to provide an estimate without an inspection. However, notwithstanding the aforementioned, we understand people need some heads up on costs involved. As a general rule, a basic overhaul of a common American pocket watch, which involves disassembly, multi-stage ultrasonic cleaning, inspection, reassembly and lubrication, ranges from $75-100. This DOES NOT include any repairs that may be discovered necessary. Common repairs such as replacement of main springs, balance staffs and jewels can usually be done for around $50 or less. Specialized service including dial and case repair, replacement of hands, can often be offered for an equally reasonable cost. Naturally, the rarity of the watch and availability of parts also affect these prices so the only course is to send the watch an have it disassembled and inspected. We charge a nominal fee of $25 to cover the cost of disassembly and reassembly and return shipping if the repairs are not desired. This $25 is applied to the repair costs when the work is ordered, so really the estimate is free if the work is done.
1) Complete Blank Service Estimate Submission Form HERE
2) Remit $25 payment via PayPal HERE
3) Pack your watch well wrapped (in bubble wrap or equivalent) in a sturdy box with completed submission form & a printout of PayPal receipt. Note: No PayPal account is required if using the link on this site.
- Repairs- All repairs will be performed in a professional and timely manner. Only those repairs ordered will be performed and only those repairs performed will be charged. Most repairs can be completed in a 2-4 week window dependent upon availability of parts. All repairs are warrantied for one (1) year. Since a watch, like any machine, has many parts, only those parts that were serviced by us can be warrantied. [Example: when you have your brakes repaired at an auto shop, your alternator does not become warrantied .] Damage resulting from dropping or water obviously cannot be warrantied. Warranties will be honored by refund or re-repair at our discretion.
- Appraisals- At times insurance companies or estate settlements may require a professional appraisal of value of a watch or a collection. Please contact us and we would be happy to be of assistance.
- Buying/Salvage- If you wish to sell your watch or watch collection, tools, and/or materials, I am always interested in making a safe and painless transaction. Please contact me HERE.